I was recently nominated by a writer friend of mine to answer 11 questions in the Sunshine Blogger Award. D. James Fortescue was one of six authors in a collaboration project I joined in 2014. It was a great deal of fun working with him, and after the team had gone our seperate ways, it was quite exciting to see his name pop up in my notifications with this nomination.
The rules are:
- Link back to the person who tagged you. TICK
- Answer all 11 of their questions. See below.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 1000 readers and let them know you’ve nominated them.
- Ask them 11 questions.
Linking 11 bloggers. Hm. That’s the hard part. Finding people who would do it.
- Travis Martin
- Beth Hammond
- Lilian Oake
- Carl Baumann
- Kasey Hill
- JC Boyd
- Laurie Wetzel
- Robert Cano
- Steve Rose
- Alvin Foeng
My questions are:
1. When you think about your goals, how are your pursuing them?
2. What kind of things do you use to help get the mood going for your projects?
3. If you’re listening to a Pandora station, and a song comes on that you don’t like, do you stop your writing and change the song, or do you listen to it through and keep writing anyway?
4. How do weather patterns play into your stories? Does the weather affect your characters?
5. If you had the opportunity to go absolutely anywhere for inspiration, where would it be?
6. What role do politics play in your stories?
7. Are you afraid to write about certain topics based on how others might view them?
8. As a BLOGGER, what do you blog about?
9. How do you feel your blogs are making an impact on your skills as a writer, or your exposure in general?
10. Do you like chocolate cake or white cake?
11. If you had the option to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My answers to D. James’ questions:
- As you are all awesome authors, what stories of yours are currently available for people to procure? (provide links)
I am currently published in Den of Thieves, a Den of Quills Anthology
My story is called “The Precious Jewel”. It’s the first short story I have available, while I continue to work on my High Fantasy words.
I also wrote a 100 word drabble for a Halloween themed drabble Anthology ((I also did the cover))
- What exciting things are going in your portion of the planet? On my portion. Well, we’re currently holding primary elections for President. It is at this point in time that I have decided we should have started America as a monarchy, because then no one would be complaining about the idiots running for President.
My son and daughter are growing like weeds, I’m extremely excited to have both of them. On Sunday we’re taking them to A Day Out With Thomas to ride a very special blue engine from the magical Island of Sodor.
- Do you prefer your fermented beverages grain- or grape-based? Grape and berry. I enjoy a good blackberry merlot from time to time. I also like coconut based– Rum is pretty good stuff.
- What currently unavailable works are you working upon? The Tambine of Eldegras, and the first book that has yet to be named. I’m also writing a book for my branch of the wonderful universe of Volden.
- Who’s your sports team of choice? I’m partial to the Green Bay Packers.
- Dream holiday location? Ireland. I love Alaska’s inside passage and would cruise that stretch every year if I could afford it, but my dream trip would be to see Ireland.
- Your feelings on the current status of the USA Presidential Nominations? I hate everyone on the ticket, and think We The People should overthrow the candidates and set up a new panel of candidates to vote for. But considering everyone in America is so darn compliant, that won’t happen.
- If you could start your own religion, who/what would be its figurehead? That’s an odd question. I don’t really want to start a new religion.
- Favourite style of house? Mansions. Lots of them.
- Greatest source of strength and inspiration? Lord Of The Rings.
- I couldn’t figure it out. What DID The Fox say?
Thank you for the tag and the opportunity to answer your questions. I look forward to reading everyone elses answers!