I’m going to be cliche and write 30 things I have learned in the last 30 years, in light of turning 30 yesterday.
- Your love language is extremely important to understand.
- Nothing in life ever goes the way you planned.
- The most important role in your life is simply to be You.
- When your world shatters, don’t make dumb decisions.
- The people who are supposed to love you the most, have the strongest ability to tear you apart.
- Trust is fleeting.
- Fulfillment doesn’t exist in mortal things.
- If you know with the core of your being you shouldn’t do something, don’t do it.
- Pleasing people gets you nowhere.
- You’re going to miss the most important things in life if you rush through and don’t stop to listen and consider the “why shouldn’t I do this?”
- You cannot rely on someone else to be what you need. They will fail you when you need them most.
- If friends are distant, just let them go. No matter how much it hurts.
- If you matter to someone, they will keep you in their life.
- Children are the most delightful joy you will ever possess in this Life.
- If someone is relying on you, always make sure to accomplish what they need in a reliable amount of time.
- It’s better to lie to everyone that you’re okay, than tell them when it’s not.
- Life is continually disappointing, and there’s no turning back from a mistake.
- Everyone has an opinion. Seek the Truth, that is what matters most.
- God will never leave you, or forsake you.
- Jesus Christ is literally the only entity you can count on.
- If you know it is a bad idea DON’T DO IT.
- Staying stuck on the things that make you unhappy, makes you unhappier.
- There is so much peace in silence.
- Making friends past 25 is hard.
- Isolating yourself, while it does protect you, only makes you lonely.
- Sometimes, you go through things in life, and literally have NOBODY you can actually talk to about it.
- The loneliest place you can be, is in a crowded room where no one knows you.
- The second loneliest place you can be, is in a crowded room where everyone knows you, but you cannot connect with those people, no matter how hard you’ve tried.
- Having friends with things in common is worth Gold.
- Don’t be afraid to take chances.
Dismal list, the inside of me isn’t exactly the happy, bubbly Sprite I try to be.
Because of my own loneliness, I try so desperately to light the world around me, so others know someone loves them, someone thinks they’re important, and someone doesn’t want them to know the same emptiness I feel.
You can always rely on me to be there for you. No matter the time of day.
Shine brighter than the stars. Even when it kills you inside.